Offline sticr

sticr
« on: Sep. 14, 2016, 11:57 AM »
Gamertag: sticr
Affiliated Community [if applicable]: N/A
How you learned about us: Googling and climbing down the rabbit hole

Optional, but much appreciated...

What you know about us: Virtually nothing beyond the GGN connection
Game Title(s) and gametypes/playlists you prefer: Just getting back into gaming after a 3 year period of transience; plunged and got the XB1 (finally!) a few days ago.  Currently playing Halo 5 (I've become rubbish since Reach), SMITE (not sure if I'll keep up with that one) and the beloved Minecraft.  Looking extremely forward to BF1 (was a major BF3 junkie on the 360).
Why you play games online: I like the competitive aspect and playing with and against humans beats the snot out of playing with/against AI.  I've gotten more interested in single-player offerings (Fallout 4 is on my wishlist), but multiplayer is where I get the most enjoyment and most hours out of my console.  And, of course, I wouldn't get a console if I wasn't going to have Gold for that reason.
How often you are online: Daily as of this post.
Your favorite accomplishment as a gamer: Nothing spectacular. Some single-player game finishes I suppose.  I was proud of my BF3 records and finishing every weapons unlock as well as the group of folks I ran with.  Even further back I was pretty proud of the couple dozen FCs I got on GH3 nearly ten years ago.  My first enchantment table in Minecraft was satisfying, too, I suppose.

Not necessarily looking to apply to join right away. As I mentioned above, I was just googling around trying to find a community of mature folks with mics to hop on with with whatever games we have in common.  Feel free to add me and maybe send a short message with who you are so I don't get confused  LOL!!!  As far as forum activity, I check for things I've posted on, party up announcements and maybe some game discussion, but otherwise stick mostly to the console; that'll be the most reliable way to reach me (or PM here so I get an email).

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Offline Ballistic

Re: sticr
« Reply #1 on: Sep. 14, 2016, 12:42 PM »
Welcome, sticr.

We have a small group playing Halo 5, and a small group playing SMITE(a lot of them have switched to Overwatch).  I know a lot of guys here are looking forward to BF1, so you'll have no shortage of allies when it drops.

Stick around, make some friends, play some games.
Quote from: Smackafied
The revolution is thus far scheduled on a Tuesday. We are meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings before hand to pregame.

Offline TTL Capybara

• TTL Clan Captain
  • Indubitably
  • GT: TTL Capybara
  • PSN: comparedcoin
« Reply #2 on: Sep. 14, 2016, 1:04 PM »
Welcome, sticr.

We have a small group playing Halo 5, and a small group playing SMITE(a lot of them have switched to Overwatch).  I know a lot of guys here are looking forward to BF1, so you'll have no shortage of allies when it drops.

Stick around, make some friends, play some games.

What Ballistic said.  Might not see a lot of activity that interests you in the next month with the launch of Rise of Iron, but there will be plenty of us playing Battlefield 1 come October.

Added you to my list, collect some tags, and get some games in!

Offline sticr

« Reply #3 on: Sep. 14, 2016, 6:56 PM »
Sounds good!  If nothing else, I'll certainly set a reminder for myself to check back in here when BF1 drops.

Offline Quantifier

• Minister of Morale
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • 70 times 7
  • GT: TTL Quantifier
« Reply #4 on: Sep. 15, 2016, 7:07 AM »
Welcome sticr - as others have noted, collect some tags and get some games. We still have a few that play H5 regularly, and as Ballistic noted on Smite & BF1. Do you play Destiny? Most here are on that. Any story behind your GT?
70 times 7.      And PiNk still Rawks My Sox!

Offline Siaberwocki

« Reply #5 on: Sep. 15, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Welcome Sticr. I'm working my way slowly to Halo 5, via the MCC running all the campaigns first... (when not playing Destiny)

But, there is a dedicated crew of our SSG Knights (we're a related clan in the GGN) that play Halo 5 several nights a week. Drop by our forums and say hello.

http://forums.swordandshieldgaming.com
« Last Edit: Sep. 15, 2016, 11:26 AM by Siaberwocki »

Offline Daveastation

« Reply #6 on: Sep. 15, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Welcome. I'm on Destiny most nights, always willing to play with more people, especially now that private games are a thing.

Offline Frog 118

• Community Ally
  • Call me "Frog." Or "Clutch."
    • Twitch
  • GT: Frog 118
« Reply #7 on: Sep. 15, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Hi Sticr,

Another Destiny player here. If you ever need to round out a fireteam or a raid, just drop me a line!

Offline sticr

« Reply #8 on: Sep. 15, 2016, 2:32 PM »
@Quantifier - No story on the gamer tag.  I liked the recent trendy convention of dropping the e before the last r in words and I liked the idea of a short, simple tag.  I just played up to around level 4 of the Destiny trial this morning; can't say I'll be investing in it, though, considering how deep into its life-cycle it is and with BF1 just a month away.  There's enough in free titles plus the H5 that came in my X1S bundle to keep me occupied until then.  I do plan on plunking down some cash fro Destiny 2 when it comes out (I hear 2017?).  As far as Smite goes, having an extensive ARAM background in LoL has helped me dodge the learning curve, but I'll probably stay too casual to turn off the auto-buy on the items unless someone wants to give me pointers in-game.  Arena's fun to mess around in.

@Siaberwocki - I'll be heading there next!

@Daveastation, MeowConaughey - I'll certainly keep an eye out for you when the next Destiny drops.

Offline sticr

« Reply #9 on: Oct. 07, 2016, 9:56 PM »
Starting to get into Overwatch a bit more (thanks, randoms playlist!) so if anyone's ever looking to have a party with someone with decent shooter mechanics but ultimately <20 hours of experience with the game, holler at your boy. :)

Offline TTLThrasymachus

• Minister of Recruitment
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • GGN Recruits
    • http://albums.phanfare.com/toddtaylor
  • GT: TTLThrasymachus
« Reply #10 on: Oct. 08, 2016, 9:51 AM »
Hey
Yeah a ton of us have been playing destiny from day one so its understandable that you wouldn't want to tackle it at this point.  With the raid a ton of us are strictly playing destiny (for now).  I am looking forward to the new BF launch and will definitely be getting that while still doing some overwatch from time to time.  Welcome here.  In the past I have been the welcome mat for this place although these days that job is being carried by many.  If your looking for a mature set of gamers this definitely qualifies.  Most of the clans in GGN would too.  Some are more active than others.  Looking forward to getting some games in

Offline sticr

« Reply #11 on: Oct. 23, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Welp, the day has come!  Well, it came 5 days ago.  Anywho, add sticr or message me if you're reading this and are interested in squading up.  If we're running just 2 or 3 of us, I prefer to stay away from Conquest and Operations; all other modes being fair game.

Also, this will likely be my last post here unless someone prefers otherwise.  Cheers!