Author Topic: Halo: MCC - Right in the Nostalgia  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Hoovaloov

• Minister of Cinema
  • TTL Correspondent
  • Pro Pipe (TM)
  • GT: TTL Hoovaloov
Halo: MCC - Right in the Nostalgia
« on: Nov. 20, 2014, 6:22 PM »
http://tiedtheleader.com/2014/11/20/halo-mcc-right-in-the-nostalgia/

With the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we look forward to new adventures in familiar battlefields.

What war stories do you remember most about your time as a SPARTAN?  What are you most excited about in the MCC?  Share them here!
   bring your A game.

Online Smack

• TTL Gunslinger
  • 3 Man
  • GT: TTL Smack
  • PSN: TTL_Smack
Re: Halo: MCC - Right in the Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: Nov. 21, 2014, 10:33 AM »
After reading that article 2 weeks ago about the guy playing with his son, I'm excited to give that a shot. I just downloaded it last night and am picking him up after work today, hoping to get through CE this weekend with him. He's played H4, so I figure he will love this.

Great article, Hoov.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
  • GT: Hyncharas
  • PSN: Hyncharas
« Reply #2 on: Nov. 23, 2014, 12:00 AM »
I don't really have "adventures" I can recall, but I am looking forward to seeing the new graphics, as I've yet to play CE Anniversary.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov. 27, 2014, 7:38 PM »
So how's it going, considering the unpleasantness with MCC's endless multiplayer patches?

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Dec. 30, 2014, 8:56 AM »
Last week WIRED did a recap of the past (almost) two months since MCC was released:

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/halo-master-chief-collection/

Personally I think Microsoft's major issues are mindset and the Engineering team; on the one hand, programmers who work for them appear to not have a clue how to ship anything, from an OS to a videogame, without huge portions of it being broken or means-tested "in beta" with the community.  On the other, the people now running the company don't seem to care if things are even finished before release.

Offline Vay

• NEC Community leader
  • GGN Representative
    • NE-Core.com
  • GT: NEC VAYDER
« Reply #5 on: Dec. 30, 2014, 9:24 AM »
This isn't an MS only issue... All of these developers are shipping broken games these days.

Gotta make money... and they're doing at our expense.

I'd tell you to stop buying from those devs, but sadly,we'd have to find another hobby.

Offline Cozmo23

• Minister of Affiliation
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • @DestinyReddit
  • GT: TTL Cozmo23
  • PSN: TTL_Cozmo
« Reply #6 on: Dec. 30, 2014, 9:57 AM »
Last week WIRED did a recap of the past (almost) two months since MCC was released:

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/halo-master-chief-collection/

Personally I think Microsoft's major issues are mindset and the Engineering team; on the one hand, programmers who work for them appear to not have a clue how to ship anything, from an OS to a videogame, without huge portions of it being broken or means-tested "in beta" with the community.  On the other, the people now running the company don't seem to care if things are even finished before release.

MS has shipped some pretty amazing operating systems. Win7 is my favorite by far. Win8 biggest flaw was it was the stupid tiles which was a UI decision not a engineering flaw. I got a program to bring back the start menu and it works great.

As far as MCC goes you were speaking about MS, but 343i most definitely cares about what they release. They are working hard to fix the issues, and have had some success.

Member of #6 Ranked Destiny Clan in the world.