Author Topic: Community Mixer  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Dr4cKaTh

Community Mixer
« on: Mar. 17, 2015, 6:27 AM »
Good morning afternoon and goodnight Gunslinger!

OcR Dr4ckath here reaching out and wanting to get the ball rolling on a possible mixer in the coming weeks. We have been talking about getting something together as of late, with the whole MCC actually working again, and I wanted to know if any of you Gunslingers would be down for a friendly get together Old school style in a few weeks or so? Times will be had, the Lolz will be a plenty and who knows maybe well begin getting all the communities back together again for those EPIC Halo nights again.

I was thinking something along the lines of mixed parties in MM and then coming together for an epic 8v8 madness in customs. If this strikes your fancy let me know. We can iron out the final details once we get a date set and an idea of the participants.

Thank you very much and I look forward to the awesome times that are sure to come.
"What the @!%$ were you going to do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?"

Offline Kylie

• Wie gehts?
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • The Master Blaster
  • GT: TTL kyli3
Re: Community Mixer
« Reply #1 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 7:42 AM »
I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm interested.
You know the rules.  Kill everything that moves. Then keep moving.

Offline Cozmo23

• Minister of Affiliation
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • @DestinyReddit
  • GT: TTL Cozmo23
  • PSN: TTL_Cozmo
« Reply #2 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Sounds like fun. I know Nightmare was talking with someone over at OCR about setting this up.

Member of #6 Ranked Destiny Clan in the world.

Offline Dr4cKaTh

« Reply #3 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 11:43 AM »
Sounds like fun. I know Nightmare was talking with someone over at OCR about setting this up.

OcR Valto... we all were playing last night and talking about setting something up. but I don't want to just stop here, I plan on trying to set up mixers with all the gaming communities. I just figured it would be best to start where it all began. Here in the halls of Midworld... who knows maybe we can set up a total community mixer pour a little rejuvenation into the clans. It's just my outreach to get everyone back together again.

So I do want to get something up and going. when I get a better feel of who is interested and how many participants there will be Ill set particulars. If you have any questions post here or msg me on XBL. 

Offline Legacy

« Reply #4 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 11:49 AM »
I'm definitely interested. Haven't played much since all the fixes.. Would love to check it out since we can get people together now!

WARNING.. I'm horrible at Halo *laughs*

Drack has come by NEC and we definitely have a few people interested. Not enough to field a full team, but we'd love to get in game time with some other clans. So just let us know when you finalize dates and times!
« Last Edit: Mar. 19, 2015, 8:40 AM by Legacy »

Offline Bunny

• Wascawy Wabbit
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • Master of the Ellipsis...
  • GT: TTL Bunny
  • PSN: TTL_Bunny
« Reply #5 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 11:55 AM »
Hey Dr4ckath, as Cozmo said, Nightmare has been throwing around the idea with a us as well and we definitely have a lot of participation interest.

Just a few of the interested parties over here depending on time:
Nightmare
Snatch
L Askan
Killer
Coz
Bunny
Bulldog
Hoovaloov
Fate
Eisen

What did you guys have in mind for a date?

Maybe 2 weeks out? something like Saturday the 4th or Sunday the 5th? Also, when do you think you have a good group for time? I think an 8 to 11 eastern start time area is probably going to hit a good group of people here. Any preference for you?

Offline Talaviir

« Reply #6 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 12:01 PM »
So I do want to get something up and going. when I get a better feel of who is interested and how many participants there will be Ill set particulars. If you have any questions post here or msg me on XBL.

Nightmare had immediately put up a thread like this and it got a good response as Bunny list shows, so it looked like we could easily get 8 to play. If you suggest a date and time that works for OCR I think we should be able to rally behind it.

Taking that and having further community wide mixers afterwards sounds like a good idea too.

Offline Dr4cKaTh

« Reply #7 on: Mar. 17, 2015, 4:16 PM »
Hey Dr4ckath, as Cozmo said, Nightmare has been throwing around the idea with a us as well and we definitely have a lot of participation interest.

Just a few of the interested parties over here depending on time:
Nightmare
Snatch
L Askan
Killer
Coz
Bunny
Bulldog
Hoovaloov
Fate
Eisen

What did you guys have in mind for a date?

Maybe 2 weeks out? something like Saturday the 4th or Sunday the 5th? Also, when do you think you have a good group for time? I think an 8 to 11 eastern start time area is probably going to hit a good group of people here. Any preference for you?

sounds like this is going to happen. I am currently talking with everyone on our end to get an idea of when the best possible time would be. I do like the 2 weeks out idea. gives enough people to get this going. also if there are enough interested participants possibly two lobbies who knows lol.

Its a big deal the GGN has been quiet as a whole, and although I have not been around as long as most have, in the short time I have I don't see too much Intermingling among-st the clans. Lets change that going forward from this. Lets bring this community, which has welcomed me with open arms since day one, back into the light. lets mix it up, break bread, show that we are what we say we are. A collective of like minded individuals that are brought together through games. family. I look forward to entering the Battlefield with you all.

Offline SSG Daax

• Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
  • Community Ally
  • It's a magical world
  • GT: SSG Daax
« Reply #8 on: Mar. 18, 2015, 6:04 PM »
I can't speak for all the Knights, but I for one would be all for this. I'll share this thread over on our forums and see what everyone thinks. If we keep this up, and make it something more than just a one time event, that would be pretty damn sweet. My gaming time is scarce for the next couple months, but after that, I would love to get involved in some GGN mixers, Halo or otherwise.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf

Offline TTL Nightmare

• Don't Panic
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • Relative Superiority
  • GT: TTL Nightmare
  • PSN: TTL_Nightmare
« Reply #9 on: Mar. 18, 2015, 8:23 PM »
I like the enthusiasm in here.

I'll throw some dates around with Dr4cKaTh and we'll get this OCR/TTL night setup ASAP.

Daax, shoot me a PM once you've touched base with your guys, I'd love to see a GGN or SSG/TTL mixer soon.
Level 40 Neutral Good Warlock.

Offline Kylie

• Wie gehts?
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • The Master Blaster
  • GT: TTL kyli3
« Reply #10 on: Mar. 18, 2015, 9:29 PM »
I love all of this enthusiasm. let's do this
You know the rules.  Kill everything that moves. Then keep moving.

Offline Dr4cKaTh

« Reply #11 on: Mar. 19, 2015, 5:18 AM »
This is great I'm glad that this is going to start taking off. really looking forward to gaming with all the clans

Offline Sir Riasus

« Reply #12 on: Mar. 19, 2015, 5:44 AM »
Great push Drack, it has been far too long since we have had a mixer over at SSG. While this is looking to be an OCR/TTL thing, if you have room, don't forget you will always have a few bodies from SSG participate.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Drack.

Offline SSG Gambit

• That guy that won't get out of the hog
  • Community Ally
  • Never underestimate the power of the nerd.
    • The Newbiverse
  • GT: SSG Gambit
« Reply #13 on: Mar. 19, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I can't speak for all the Knights, but I for one would be all for this.

Daax, I thought you knew us better.  ;)

SSG is always looking for a good mixer!

Offline SSG Daax

• Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
  • Community Ally
  • It's a magical world
  • GT: SSG Daax
« Reply #14 on: Mar. 19, 2015, 6:59 PM »
I can't speak for all the Knights, but I for one would be all for this.

Daax, I thought you knew us better.  ;)

SSG is always looking for a good mixer!

Indeed my friend ;)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf