Author Topic: [Application] Roche  (Read 656 times)

Offline Roche

[Application] Roche
« on: Dec. 08, 2014, 10:31 PM »
Hey guys I'm Roche, I've been looking for a more mature group of people to play Videogames with for a while now so I thought I'd apply. I'm a pretty big nerd ( and proud  ;) ), I am currently 3 years into studying Computer Science in College, the dream is to become a professional programmer, perhaps in the Games industry if I'm lucky and put the work in.

Gamertag: Roche178 (Last name with some numbers on the end, I think some guy in Scotland owns the actual Roche GT :( )
Affiliated Community [if applicable]: N/A
How you learned about us: I actually think I've known of the TTL guys from back in late Halo 2/early Halo 3, I used to frequent various forums back in the day. Recently I've been listening to the TTL Party Chat podcast and I thought this would be a fun community to game with.
Age: 20 (I know you guys are strict about the age rule, I'll be 21 in two months though and I thought I'd be honest about it. If it's a problem I'll apply again in February haha)

What you know about us: Very little if I'm being entirely honest, I've listened to about three episodes of the podcast while playing around in Destiny and thought this sounded like a good community. Other than that, I've seen TTL mentioned throughout the years but I've never actually looked into it until recently.

Game Title(s) and gametypes/playlists you prefer: I play a pretty big variety of games, I'm a huge Halo/Destiny fan, I enjoy Street Fighter IV (though I suck) and I've sunk many hundreds of hours the Souls series. I currently own a 360, aging PC, PS3 and I'm hoping to get an X1 soon.

Why you play games online: Well I'd have to go with the obvious answer and say it's the people and communities. I've been involved in various communities throughout the years and I've met some lifelong friends. Online Gaming introduces you to people you would never get the chance to interact with in real life. I feel like this broadens my perspective on life, and this massive variety of perspective has helped me to be more a open minded and better person than I would've been without these Online interactions.

How often you are online: Less so now than I used to be, generally speaking I try to be on in the afternoons if I've got free time after College, I don't get the chance to play on the weekends as I usually spend them with the GF. Also I'm in Ireland and I know this group is primarily American so that might affect playtime.

Your favorite accomplishment as a gamer: Probably getting all the achievements in the Dark Souls series, at the time I was competing with my brother to finish them. After many playthroughs and more hours than I like to think about I came out on top.  :D Also getting good enough to beat my buddies in SF4 was satisfying haha

Anywho, that's pretty much me I hope I've adhered to all the rules n' such. I look forward to playing with everyone. :D
« Last Edit: Dec. 08, 2014, 10:34 PM by Roche »

Offline Quantifier

• Minister of Morale
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • 70 times 7
  • GT: TTL Quantifier
Re: [Application] Roche
« Reply #1 on: Dec. 08, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Very nice intro Roche - glad you took the time!, welcome!

We are mostly Americans & Canadiens, though we boast some great international members as well from the likes of Australia, Mexico, and the Netherlands.

Collect some gamer tags and hit us up when you get your XB1. We're almost entirely on the XB1 now, but some also game on the PS4 as well as dabble in PC too.

Glad you were honest about your age - while it will take some time if you want to pursue becoming a Gunslinger (and yes, you must be 21 - no minors in the saloon), there's still games to be had. You may want to check out some of the other groups that frequent our boards too as this is a bit of an activity hub for like-minded gamers.

Cheers!
70 times 7.      And PiNk still Rawks My Sox!

Offline Roche

« Reply #2 on: Dec. 08, 2014, 11:22 PM »
Haha well I've an exam to study for, so I figure writing about myself is probably the most self-indulgent form of procrastination haha.

I'm used to playing with Canadians and Americans so I'm sure I can work it out, I can totally respect the age rule anyways gotta draw the line somewhere. :)

Cheers for the welcome!

Offline Vay

• NEC Community leader
  • GGN Representative
    • NE-Core.com
  • GT: NEC VAYDER
« Reply #3 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 7:37 AM »
Welcome to Midworld Roche, glad to have you hear :)

Great intro btw.

The Souls series you speak of... Dark Souls? First one was a great challenge, second one didn't seem as bad.

Offline Cozmo23

• Minister of Affiliation
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • @DestinyReddit
  • GT: TTL Cozmo23
  • PSN: TTL_Cozmo
« Reply #4 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 8:01 AM »
Thanks for signing up. Glad you like the podcast. Feel free to add me and I will try to get some games with you sometime.

Member of #6 Ranked Destiny Clan in the world.

Offline TTL zeuz patter

• Sexy L`atino Bastard
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • Lightning the road for TTL
  • GT: TTL zeuz patter
  • PSN: TTL_zeuz
« Reply #5 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Welcome to Midworld.

Offline Booster MPS

• Minister of Propulsion
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Did I mention my Sunsinger Fusion Rifle Clan?
  • GT: Booster MPS
  • PSN: TTL_Booster
« Reply #6 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 11:30 AM »
Roche, welcome to Midworld. 
If it was rocket science, I would still understand it.

Offline NEC DoubleAgent

« Reply #7 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Welcome Roche, nice intro.

Add me on Xbox I'm usually on early in the US time so it's prime time in Ireland. Maybe we can get some gaming in.

Offline FaithKeeper

• That Guy
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A
  • GT: TTL FaithKeeper
« Reply #8 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 1:21 PM »
Welcome, Roche! I also use these forums to procrastinate school projects  ;D.

Shoot me a FR, as soon as you're on the X1 we should get some games in.
who's leg to I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

Offline TTL Ozzie

« Reply #9 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 3:44 PM »
Welcome Roche! Hopefully see you online soon!
"We are not the wolves at the gate, we are the ones who face them"

Offline TTLThrasymachus

• Minister of Recruitment
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • GGN Recruits
    • http://albums.phanfare.com/toddtaylor
  • GT: TTLThrasymachus
« Reply #10 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 8:43 PM »
Welcome to Midworld.  Looks like I'm a little late with the Midworld intro. Sorry about that.  Work sucks honestly.  But enough about that crap lets get onto the goods shall we.  Being 20 is not terribly a big deal around these parts so not to worry.  I lot of clans around here accepts less than 21 y/o and anyway its right around the corner regardless.  Mid world is the home to the GGN.  TTL is a clan in the GGN along with a bunch of other clans that all have their own personality and identity.  We banded together under the ideals of good sportsmanship and fair play.  Please look around to all the clans (or at least a few) to find the one that most matches your online play style.  There are some competitive clans and some not so competitive clans.  When you find the one that you like jump on and get some games in the th members. Thats about it really. Let me know if I can help you in any way. 

thanks for stopping by and stay classy
thrashy

the GGN site
http://network.tiedtheleader.com