Author Topic: The Gunslingers "Raid" Bungie Studios  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
  • GT: Hyncharas
  • PSN: Hyncharas
Re: The Gunslingers "Raid" Bungie Studios
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 7:12 AM »
I realise the lab tests are a touchy subject, but did you get a chance to see the rest of the studio?

Offline Cozmo23

• Minister of Affiliation
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • @DestinyReddit
  • GT: TTL Cozmo23
  • PSN: TTL_Cozmo
« Reply #16 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 8:04 AM »
I realise the lab tests are a touchy subject, but did you get a chance to see the rest of the studio?

Yea we got a tour. Obviously some areas were off limits, but we got to see their motion capture studio and some other cool stuff.

Member of #6 Ranked Destiny Clan in the world.

Offline Ma Duece 50

• Member of a cool and prestigious private group.
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • Team Awesome FTW!
  • GT: Ma Duece 50
« Reply #17 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 2:33 PM »
I just want to know who was in charge of purchasing the beer. 

I know the Seattle/Bellevue area has a very limited selection of local brews*, but Coors Light?, Come on man...
Kwit yer bitchin!

Offline Goose

« Reply #18 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 2:51 PM »
Money was given to me, and I had to walk a mile to pick up 48 beers for the group.  They got was I could carry, and cost less than $40.

It should be noted that this was the 2nd run for drinks.  First run was top shelf and boutique.  After enjoying the delicate flavors of Seattle brews, most were happy to maintain the buzz in ways that didn't involve 10% abv.
« Last Edit: Dec. 09, 2014, 2:53 PM by Sunburned Goose »

Online Smack

• TTL Gunslinger
  • 3 Man
  • GT: TTL Smack
  • PSN: TTL_Smack
« Reply #19 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 2:53 PM »
Money was given to me, and I had to walk a mile to pick up 48 beers for the group.  They got was I could carry, and cost less than $40.

In the beginning, we all had specialty brews. I bought a six pack of Dead Guy Ale and a few tiny airplane bottles of some stuff.

We quickly realized playing 3 man was no game for beers that were 7+% in ABV.

Coors Light quickly became viable.

Chicka passed out on the couch after knocking down the tower and having to take some Honey Whiskey.

And I bet to this day, she absolutely hates Honey Whiskey.

Offline mvuakali

• Minister of Diplomacy
  • TTL Ambassador
  • Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
  • GT: TTL mvuakali
« Reply #20 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 3:04 PM »

It should be noted that this was the 2nd run for drinks.  First run was top shelf and boutique.  After enjoying the delicate flavors of Seattle brews, most were happy to maintain the buzz in ways that didn't involve 10% abv.

The third run also involved real dice and more coors.

Offline Pony

• Minister of Ka
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • "Show Runner"
  • GT: TTL Pony
« Reply #21 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 3:21 PM »

We played many, many rounds of Three Man before Kali's phone died (using a dice app), so an emergency trip for real dice (and beer, of course) was necessary.

Online Smack

• TTL Gunslinger
  • 3 Man
« Reply #22 on: Dec. 09, 2014, 3:27 PM »

We played many, many rounds of Three Man before Kali's phone died (using a dice app), so an emergency trip for real dice (and beer, of course) was necessary.

Then Luke started telling stories and became the only person in an existance to stop a drinking game just by sitting in the corner talking.

It was for the best though. Kali leaned on the stove to get a better spot to listen to Luke, where all the pizza boxes were stacked and accidentally turned on a burner and did not realize. Had I not come over and noticed, Deej would most likely be living somewhere else.

Offline Decanis

« Reply #23 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 8:38 AM »
That is really awesome! Very cool to see that kind of camaraderie. Good game.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
  • GT: Hyncharas
  • PSN: Hyncharas
« Reply #24 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 9:30 AM »
Then Luke started telling stories and became the only person in an existance to stop a drinking game just by sitting in the corner talking.

It was for the best though. Kali leaned on the stove to get a better spot to listen to Luke, where all the pizza boxes were stacked and accidentally turned on a burner and did not realize. Had I not come over and noticed, Deej would most likely be living somewhere else.

Yeah Luke can be a talker - he hosted the Bungie Podcast, y'know...  ;)

As for Kali, they may want to stay away from sharp or flammable objects after a few beers in the future.
« Last Edit: Dec. 10, 2014, 9:32 AM by Hyncharas »

Offline JDubbs11

« Reply #25 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 10:54 AM »

I know the Seattle/Bellevue area has a very limited selection of local brews*, but Coors Light?, Come on man...

There are tons of PNW and CA brews in Seattle.  You just need to know where to drink. 

Online Smack

• TTL Gunslinger
  • 3 Man
« Reply #26 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 11:02 AM »

There are tons of PNW and CA brews in Seattle.  You just need to know where to drink.

When someone throws out a "*" it means they know it is a false statement.  ;)

You're awsome at Destiny, JDubb!*

See?

;)

Offline mvuakali

• Minister of Diplomacy
  • TTL Ambassador
  • Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
  • GT: TTL mvuakali
« Reply #27 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 11:09 AM »

Oh Smack, my hero!*

Offline JDubbs11

« Reply #28 on: Dec. 10, 2014, 12:48 PM »

When someone throws out a "*" it means they know it is a false statement.  ;)

You're awsome at Destiny, JDubb!*

See?

;)

You know how it is.  Someone digs on your city you feel the need to defend it.

A few of the people that I work with are huge beer connoisseurs. So I have become more aware of the craft beer scene.  I am not a big beer drinker myself. 

Offline chickachicka

« Reply #29 on: Dec. 23, 2014, 10:00 PM »
honey whiskey, bleh.