Poll

What system(s) are you playing Destiny on?

Xbox One
45 (75%)
Playstation 4
9 (15%)
Xbox 360
6 (10%)
Playstation 3
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Destiny Game System  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
  • GT: Hyncharas
  • PSN: Hyncharas
Re: Destiny Game System
« Reply #15 on: Dec. 04, 2014, 5:09 AM »
I don't know if it is just me but I think it plays basically the same with crisper textures on the models... I feel like that is just me based on comparisons I have seen with XB1.

I felt the same way; the big difference is really how shadows cast compared to the 360, but gameplay only changes a little due to controller-layout.

Offline Decanis

« Reply #16 on: Dec. 04, 2014, 9:01 AM »
I was thinking about it more yesterday night and I think it is probably more because I changed to a different tv and the tv is just better. I will have to swap the PS4 over to the other tv at some time just to see if I notice a difference.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Dec. 13, 2014, 12:59 PM »
I watched one of Datto's videos the other day, and he said getting exotic weapons/armor from drops are completely random...

However, if people want to increase their chances of getting them for their prime character, they should make two additional characters the same class up to the level of their primary and do the daily (and weekly, if you can) quests and farm bounties.  If you're able to do this every day for all three, as they're the same class, you can share them across your characters if you put them in the Vault.

It also allows you to stock up on Ascendent stuff, Motes of Light and Strange Coins.
« Last Edit: Dec. 13, 2014, 1:04 PM by Hyncharas »

Offline TTL Ranger

• TTL Gunslinger
  • animus, fortitudo, ferocitas, virtus, audentia
  • GT: TTL Ranger
« Reply #18 on: Dec. 13, 2014, 2:21 PM »
However, if people want to increase their chances of getting them for their prime character, they should make two additional characters the same class up to the level of their primary and do the daily (and weekly, if you can) quests and farm bounties.  If you're able to do this every day for all three, as they're the same class, you can share them across your characters if you put them in the Vault.

There are a lot of people that do that, and if you're focusing on hitting the most endness of endgame content the fastest, then it's certainly a method of maximizing your opportunity to do so.  I don't really like doing that, though. 

You can buy your way up to 1 level under the cap and buy your way to 330ish weapons (which pretty much exposes you to all of the game's available content) without relying on any randomness at all, so I'd rather diversify my experience between different classes than double or triple down on a singular experience for the hope (but not guarantee) of hitting the cap.  Also, some engrams will decrypt for random classes -- if you're all in with a single class this can be a source of frustration.  If you've got multiple different classes it's kind of enabling.  Further, Bungie has shown some small degree of willingness to allow people to buy gear to hit the cap (such as by grinding the iron banner).  That is to say, I didn't have to rely on randomness except for a chest piece to hit the cap when it was 30, and there may be other opportunities to hit the cap now that TDB has dropped.

But it kind of comes down to each gamer's individual goals.  I consider hitting the cap a luxury -- something that might happen, but nothing that I need to be rushing to reach. 

Of course, it was easier to not worry about hitting the cap before the DLC dropped.  VoG on normal had enemies below the level cap, so you could stand toe to toe with your foes even if you were a 28.  Now, if you're not a 32, there are going to be parts of Crota's End which give you trouble even on normal.  Not really a fan of that approach to balancing encounters, but whatever -- the raids are still a lot of fun.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Dec. 14, 2014, 6:25 PM »
I am kind of a range player, and Warlock is certainly a good class for that.

I do, however, have Legendary and Exotic armor pieces for a Titan, which I am unlikely to pursue given I'm not comfortable with its close-quarters, so I will be selling those.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #20 on: Dec. 19, 2014, 1:06 PM »
WoC solo:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-19-watch-a-destiny-player-beat-crotas-end-raid-on-his-own

I happen to know Slayerage's reputation on other games; not one of his better videos, but it might pose an interesting challenge for people here wanting to do the solo approach... it's only a shame Vault of Glass didn't offer the same possibility.
« Last Edit: Dec. 19, 2014, 9:52 PM by Hyncharas »

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #21 on: Dec. 28, 2014, 5:03 PM »
I know it's overdue, but Datto released a new walkthrough last month with DeeJ in tow, recapping how to beat Vault of Glass on Normal difficulty...

Please note this walkthrough indicates there are STILL bugs in the Raid.  I've also linked a video of two chest-locations in the Gorgon's Labyrinth, though the walkthrough indicates others before and after the Legions/Templar phase:

VoG Raid Walkthrough Pt 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qzs_FRkzH0
VoG Raid Walkthrough Pt 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6zhr_6UC8Y

Gorgon's Labyrinth Chests - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW4mL5szQbA

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #22 on: Jan. 01, 2015, 3:39 PM »
Get a FREE digital version of Prima's Destiny Game Guide:

http://www.docdroid.net/hcia/all.pdf.html