Author Topic: TTL Party Chat Podcast  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Pony

• Minister of Ka
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • "Show Runner"
  • GT: TTL Pony
Re: TTL Party Chat Podcast
« Reply #15 on: Oct. 30, 2014, 9:43 AM »
Great show! I'm loving the stories about the clan and game discussions. The drunk Stu stories win the day, though... ;)

I sometimes get drunk to record said podcast, so if you wanna let me know the timestamp of the drunk stu story that entertained you most... I'll try to make some more memories. Pony lives only a few minutes away... it can happen anytime.

Yes, Stu is saying that we'll drink for the purpose of good podcast content. We are THAT dedicated.

Offline Frog 118

• Community Ally
  • Call me "Frog." Or "Clutch."
    • Twitch
  • GT: Frog 118
« Reply #16 on: Oct. 30, 2014, 9:45 AM »
Hahahaha! I'm listening to episode 5 right now...this is so meta.  8)

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
  • GT: Hyncharas
  • PSN: Hyncharas
« Reply #17 on: Nov. 19, 2014, 5:39 PM »
If I get an Xbox One and MCC for Christmas, I would be willing to play Legendary Co-Op with people, because I haven't completed them for ANY Halo game at all!

I watched that Halo BTS as well the other day; I'm not surprised Marty and Joe went back to Microsoft for Halo as, clearly, they seemed to be in their element with that more than with Destiny.
« Last Edit: Nov. 19, 2014, 5:50 PM by Hyncharas »

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #18 on: Dec. 24, 2014, 3:32 AM »
@TTL Party Chat Ep #009:

Yeah, the PS4-exclusive "Undying Mind" Strike is, actually, quite unpleasant, as I got to play it last week or so.  First you have five waves of forces with all sorts, including Hydras and Axis Hydras, but it gets A LOT worse once you reach that long, narrow staircase beyond the Atrium...

When you get up top, you encounter about three waves of Precursors - for those who haven't played Vault of Glass, they are basically smaller versions of the three Sol Progeny Minds in the final Campaign mission.  Each wave will have about half a dozen Precursor Minotaurs, which can take up to 30mins total to deal with in close quarters even if your allies are Lvl 28s, including a Cyclops.  As with Minotaurs as well, when they're not firing off artillery, they will gladly teleport in your face or chase you down back to the staircase to melee you to death.

After that when fighting Undying Mind, they are pretty much the mainstay alongside standard units.  He also has four small riot-shields instead of a single barrier, which makes it tough to inflict damage whilst waves spawn on top of you from all directions. Essentially the strike took an hour to complete.
« Last Edit: Dec. 24, 2014, 4:21 AM by Hyncharas »

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Dec. 27, 2014, 11:56 AM »
I've also played the Omnigul Strike on PS4... I hate it, though that upper ledge before the entrance to the final room is quite useful when you want to spam-kill Knight/Thrall waves when they spawn.

On Lvl 26 that took twice as long as Undying Mind.

Offline Cute

• Minister of Arts
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • Bzzzzap. Bzzzzap.
  • GT: TTL Cute
  • PSN: TTL_Cute
« Reply #20 on: Dec. 27, 2014, 1:52 PM »
Yeah, not a lot of new mechanics, if any, were introduced there. Would have really liked to see Omnigul split into 3-4 different shorter instances throughout that fight where you get a third/fourth of her health each time. Really feels like that's how it's supposed to be as well since the two fights before her big room are pretty long.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #21 on: Dec. 28, 2014, 6:17 AM »
Well, in a lot of ways, Omnigul is boring because, once you actually get to that room, it's just 20-30 mins of rediculous peek-a-boo with her.  Even Sepiks Prime was a more thought out strike.

Offline Cute

• Minister of Arts
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • Bzzzzap. Bzzzzap.
  • GT: TTL Cute
  • PSN: TTL_Cute
« Reply #22 on: Dec. 28, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Well, in a lot of ways, Omnigul is boring because, once you actually get to that room, it's just 20-30 mins of rediculous peek-a-boo with her.  Even Sepiks Prime was a more thought out strike.

You're exaggerating a bit. She takes about the same time as all the other strike bosses, maybe a minute or two longer. ~5-7 minutes, unless you're trying to solo it. I agree that they should be more interesting though.

The last MMO I played was FFXIV, and they have little mini raid instances all throughout their leveling progression, that's how strikes should have been done IMO. But, right now they are just harder story missions instead of easier raid instances.

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #23 on: Jan. 26, 2015, 7:14 PM »
@ Episode 11:

You guys called it pretty good on Crota's End "Hard" - yes, there are Gatekeepers in the Crota boss-fight.  Aside from raids, personally, I wish there was an area to explore occupied by nothing but Ogres, with an Ogre Chieftain not as large as Phogoth but bigger than the current ones.

I'm inclined to believe that House of Wolves will have a Fallen raid, given the Queen rules over a ton of them, so maybe it happens in The Reef.  I'd also like to explore non-planet locations.
« Last Edit: Jan. 26, 2015, 7:32 PM by Hyncharas »

Offline Eisen

• TTL Gunslinger
  • TTL Bomb Squad : Red
  • GT: TTL Eisen
« Reply #24 on: Jan. 26, 2015, 7:33 PM »
@ Episode 11:

You guys called it pretty good on Crota's End "Hard" - yes, there are Gatekeepers in the Crota boss-fight.

I believe I am owed a few beers if I'm not mistaken...

Offline Hyncharas

• Phantom Ass-Kicker
  • Big Coffin Hunter
« Reply #25 on: Jan. 26, 2015, 9:03 PM »
I believe I am owed a few beers if I'm not mistaken...

Adding you to my Friend's List will have to do  ;)

Offline Frog 118

• Community Ally
    • Twitch
« Reply #26 on: Jan. 27, 2015, 1:20 PM »
Any plans to make the Party Chat a weekly podcast?

It's either that, or I need to add more of you to my friends list and get more games in with those already on it...  :D

Offline Stuicide

« Reply #27 on: Jan. 27, 2015, 1:37 PM »
Any plans to make the Party Chat a weekly podcast?

It's either that, or I need to add more of you to my friends list and get more games in with those already on it...  :D

I don't know if we have enough to chat about gaming stuff every week. But who knows, the off topic banter is getting better and better. (A Gronking to remember)

Offline Frog 118

• Community Ally
    • Twitch
« Reply #28 on: Jan. 27, 2015, 1:41 PM »
I don't know if we have enough to chat about gaming stuff every week. But who knows, the off topic banter is getting better and better. (A Gronking to remember)

Amen to that! I was rolling with laughter at that one!

Offline Pony

• Minister of Ka
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • "Show Runner"
  • GT: TTL Pony
« Reply #29 on: Jan. 27, 2015, 1:50 PM »
I'll never un-read that.