Author Topic: TTL Plays!  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Tornado

• Minister of MidWorld
  • TTL Correspondent
  • Trailer parks beware!
  • GT: TTL Tornado
  • PSN: TTL_Tornado
Re: TTL Plays!
« Reply #15 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 4:04 PM »
i don't know... i really think you need more LevelCap-like dynamics in that intro.

top-notch gameplay and very cool editing tho.

:)

Offline Cute

• Minister of Arts
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • Bzzzzap. Bzzzzap.
  • GT: TTL Cute
  • PSN: TTL_Cute
« Reply #16 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 4:16 PM »
i don't know... i really think you need more LevelCap-like dynamics in that intro.

top-notch gameplay and very cool editing tho.

:)

Feedback is appreciated.

Also, those who watched it or watched part of it, does this hold your interest, would you watch a ~30min video like this once or twice a week? Or should I be attempting to cut these down into smaller pieces?

Offline Killer

• Minister of Roadkill
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • I mow your mom's lawn.
  • GT: TTL Killer
« Reply #17 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 4:19 PM »
I think 15 mins is better, but that might be just me
Quote from: XerxdeeJ
Killer is just interested in your Mom.  It's a fact of life to which we have all been forced to grow accustomed.

Offline Tornado

• Minister of MidWorld
  • TTL Correspondent
  • Trailer parks beware!
  • GT: TTL Tornado
  • PSN: TTL_Tornado
« Reply #18 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 4:29 PM »
Also, those who watched it or watched part of it, does this hold your interest, would you watch a ~30min video like this once or twice a week? Or should I be attempting to cut these down into smaller pieces?

it's a slow afternoon at work so i was able to watch the whole thing. normally, it would be hard to spend 30 mins on this but i found it interesting to see what you guys are playing and would watch future episodes. shorter bits would be easier to fit in.

Offline FaithKeeper

• That Guy
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A
  • GT: TTL FaithKeeper
« Reply #19 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 4:43 PM »
Really enjoyed the video! Wasn't able to watch it all, but from the ~10 minutes I did watch it made me want to get in on the action. Thanks for sharing  :).

...And Chivalry is always hilarious to watch, it'll be a labor of love.  ;D If you want to see something with a bit more action and a faster pace, those will be some good ones to tune in for.

I am so so terrible at Chivalry lol. I think i should replay the tutorial, because going 1-17 is just embarrassing  ::)

I've heard good things about D3. I may jump into that if y'all are there. From what I understand it has the same feel as Path of Exile, right? I haven't heard of Magicite, BROFORCE, and Risk of Rain, but if y'all are there I'll check em out. I started playing Civ 5 again and am having some fun there for now.

it's a slow afternoon at work so i was able to watch the whole thing. normally, it would be hard to spend 30 mins on this but i found it interesting to see what you guys are playing and would watch future episodes. shorter bits would be easier to fit in.

Had a busy day at the office, so I got 10 minutes in before having to get back to work. I'd definitely dig 15 minutes once a week.
who's leg to I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?

Offline TTL Nightmare

• Don't Panic
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • Relative Superiority
  • GT: TTL Nightmare
  • PSN: TTL_Nightmare
« Reply #20 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 7:00 PM »
I think different times suit different types of footage and I'd be happy to see a variety
30 min works well for a single, long session - ex. a Hammerwatch playthrough, a really good/lengthy DayZ battle, etc.
15 min sounds much better for a montage/clip mashup video - ex. Chivalry or DayZ highlights
Level 40 Neutral Good Warlock.

Offline TTLBreakChicago

« Reply #21 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 7:26 PM »
First of all, I goddamned love that intro.

I would suggest that the longer a clip is, the more dedicated your viewer needs to already be to the material, because longer run times are daunting. If you want to hook people, maybe a short trailer would be advisable.

Look, you asked.
A man without a motto.

Offline Stuicide

« Reply #22 on: Apr. 08, 2014, 8:23 PM »
I think if you're planning on doing a lot of episodes 15 minute power jams would be sweet.

Also, can we turn Break into a bad guy in Season 2 of TTL Plays?

Offline Tortacular

• Minister of Defense
  • TTL Clan Captain
  • I'm in MY base, killin' ur dudez.
  • GT: TTL Tortacular
« Reply #23 on: Apr. 09, 2014, 12:20 AM »
Fucking.  Baller.

Also now I want to play Hammerwatch.

Offline Fezzer

« Reply #24 on: Apr. 09, 2014, 12:57 AM »
Spiketrap fiasco at 22 min was the best.

30 mins is too long.

A people that values their privileges above their principles will soon lose both.

Offline Topes

• Chips Ahoy!
  • TTL Gunslinger
  • monkey off back
« Reply #25 on: Apr. 10, 2014, 6:18 AM »
I'm a huge RvB/AH fan boi, and for me, a 30 min run time is nothing.  They often have Let's Play!s that will run 30+ mins, a few have even crested the 1-hour mark.  And I have watched every single one.  They have shorter, Let's Do!s that run in the 10-20 mins range.  So for me to sit down and watch other people play a game for 30 mins at a time ain't nothin', just so long as the video is edited well, the commentary and comedy is there, the time flies and you're entertained. 

However, most people aren't like me and they don't have the time to sit and watch for that long.  So perhaps a lil' bit shorter run time, so long as it doesn't feel compressed, may be more palpable for the majority.   
Mama said I'm bona fide.