Author Topic: Gaming Back to Our Roots a Halo 3 Mixer  (Read 2533 times)

Gaming Back to Our Roots a Halo 3 Mixer
« on: Jul. 13, 2013, 9:09 AM »

Hello there everyone! For the past few days I've been planning out a big mixer between the GGN Groups and I finally got the details hammered out.

I'm calling this "Gaming Back to Our Roots" because most of us got our origins from Halo 3. If there's anything out there that could get the GGN active again, I thought it'd be a big Halo 3 mixer.
The mixer will take place on the 21st (A Sunday) at 7:30 PM. The plan is to have groups of 8 either searching in BTB Matchmaking in Halo 3, or do 16 man customs.
This is open to everyone, the more the merrier!

If you would like to participate please post here by the 19th, otherwise I cannot guarantee you'll get a spot. If you do post late, you'll also be a backup for when people don't show up or drop out.
I'm also looking for some of the Matchmaking maps/gametypes, and if you have any fun maps and gametypes to play once the parties start to die down PLEASE let me know.

Just post with your gamertag, and let me know if any people here work well together with other TTL members. If this goes as planned, I'd like groups that only have 2-3 members of a single clan in it that way we can get all mixed up.

We over at the Wheelmen are excited to get everyone up and active again, and I hope a few of you can make it.

Offline Cozmo23

• Minister of Affiliation
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • @DestinyReddit
  • GT: TTL Cozmo23
  • PSN: TTL_Cozmo
Re: Gaming Back to Our Roots a Halo 3 Mixer
« Reply #1 on: Jul. 13, 2013, 11:07 AM »
I will be there.

Member of #6 Ranked Destiny Clan in the world.

Offline SSG Jayman

• Shotgun Extraordinary.
  • GGN Representative
  • Ka is a wheel.
    • everything justin
  • GT: SSG Jayman
« Reply #2 on: Jul. 13, 2013, 3:28 PM »
SSG is on board with this.
Quote from: XerxdeeJ
Xbox Live is, for the most part, far less cool than it could be - for no other reason than the behavior of most of its clientele.  We aim to fix that.

« Reply #3 on: Jul. 13, 2013, 6:33 PM »
Well sorry to post again already, but as someone has kindly pointed out to me I somehow forgot to mention the timezone for the starting time.

Just to clarify for everyone, this will be starting at 7:30 PM CST.

Offline DUS SOULWOUND

• Down Under Squadron Leader
  • GGN Representative
    • DOWN UNDER SQUADRON HQ
  • GT: DUS SOULWOUND
« Reply #4 on: Jul. 14, 2013, 4:57 PM »
Obviously we'd be there if it didnt fall on a Monday morning our time so dont think were slack. Were an 18+ yr old group so most of us gotta work etc.

Grass u did mention u may have a few UK lads keen for the Friday (our sat) get them to hit me up directly if your swamped bro.

One of these days well get to show u how us Aussies kick it H3 style ;-)

These WOUNDS are small slices of death......Draining your SOUL and final breath

Offline Vay

• NEC Community leader
  • GGN Representative
    • NE-Core.com
  • GT: NEC VAYDER
« Reply #5 on: Jul. 15, 2013, 5:43 AM »

One of these days well get to show u how us Aussies kick it H3 style ;-)

Nothing more than them Playing Halo 3 while eating Vegimite me thinks...

Offline hyghwayman

« Reply #6 on: Jul. 16, 2013, 12:27 PM »
Thanks for the invite SSG Cazaril,

I will try to round up a few more CdG clowns if possible  :P
Just clowning around @ CdG

Offline Quantifier

• Minister of Morale
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • 70 times 7
  • GT: TTL Quantifier
« Reply #7 on: Jul. 16, 2013, 1:06 PM »
How long will this go? Just wondering as the start time is about 4 hours too early for me.
70 times 7.      And PiNk still Rawks My Sox!

« Reply #8 on: Jul. 19, 2013, 8:33 AM »
How long will this go? Just wondering as the start time is about 4 hours too early for me.
Sorry for the very late response, I've been a bit busy lately.
Basically it'll be going on until everyone decides to get off lol. So if we still have people on that are playing you're free to join.

Oh and I just wanna remind everyone this is happening in two more days so if you want in, please let me know.

Offline Quantifier

• Minister of Morale
  • TTL Executive Officer
  • 70 times 7
  • GT: TTL Quantifier
« Reply #9 on: Jul. 19, 2013, 8:53 AM »
Thanks Grass - please mark me as an alternate since i'd be so late (maybe too late).
70 times 7.      And PiNk still Rawks My Sox!

« Reply #10 on: Jul. 21, 2013, 2:33 PM »
Hey guys!
So basically (I hope you read this before you all get on) I'm gonna need one of you to make a lobby for the guys in your forums that are participating and then add me. (HWM Grass)
Once people start getting on I'm gonna be joining lobbies, explaining what's going on, and take down everyone's name. Once I get the names of every group that's on I'm gonna form up the groups real quickly.

I know this seems a bit hectic and last minute, but most of the replies I'm getting in everyone's forums are maybes and a lot of leaders are saying they're just gonna invite whoever gets on lol.
SO! We'll just have to see who's on, and I'll get everything figured out ASAP.

I don't think I have any of you on my friendslist right now, so if you start up the lobby and everything just add me on Live.
Thank you very much, and we've all really been looking forward to this for awhile.

Offline Vay

• NEC Community leader
  • GGN Representative
    • NE-Core.com
  • GT: NEC VAYDER
« Reply #11 on: Jul. 22, 2013, 6:56 AM »
Good games last night :)

Being on the East coast sometimes has its disadvantages,like only being able to play a handful of games before that 5AM wake up. Nice to get in a few though. :)

Thanks for throwing this together Grass.

Offline OcR Envy

• Outcast Reborn Overlord
  • GGN Representative
  • Woop Woop Woop.
    • Outcast Reborn
  • GT: OcR Envy
« Reply #12 on: Jul. 22, 2013, 7:30 AM »
Good games for sure, I would love to do it again anytime.

« Reply #13 on: Jul. 22, 2013, 11:51 AM »
AFTERMATH:
Great job everyone! At our peak yesterday, we had three groups of 8 searching in Matchmaking, and a group of 12 in customs.
It was a bit of a rough start for me, lots of people getting on and already getting off, but once I got one group set up and moved on to the next, I was set up in no time.
Our leaders Duce, Sarge, Jedi, and Valk did a great job with hosting and I have yet to hear of a single complaint.
But let's start from the beginning shall we?

It all started a few hours before the event with HWM iL Duce and General XSL playing some Halo 3 matchmaking to get ready for later. After a bit, some more people got on, a bigger group was made, and sure enough we have a group of 6 then a group of 8 searching in BTB. A few games later I was pegged with a few messages and invites, and we amassed a small customs lobby. While playing a chaos game we actually gained enough people for a full party of 16, which split off into our first two groups of 8. While I tried to create more lobbies, most of the others grouped up into a big group of 12 for customs. After pulling a couple Wheelmen to have them lead it, and after grabbing a few people to make another full party of 8, we had everything set up.
Three groups of eight in Matchmaking, a group of around 12 for customs.

For my groups, we all had a very good time. Started off with some simple Matchmaking for awhile which was all good (Except when Valk randomly got assigned to the other team for no reason) lots of lols were had, as we the lawls, and those who stood in our paths were roflstomped out.
Matchmaking was the way to go until Duce's group lost a few people, and we merged together. Originally looking like we'd have a group of 16 for customs, it ended up with only ten. Whoops. However Sarge extended an invite to Rocket Race, so I stole DJ n0 Sleeves and jumped ship to join his lobby to leave Duce's with eight again.
Many laughs were shared with Rocket Race, and although Team "Here are the rules" couldn't seem to not EMP our Mongoose, but in all fairness Brad couldn't seem to not shoot anyone who was out of their mongoose...
EITHER WAY! Fun was had, groups were mixed up, people laughed, some cried, others left. But there was sillyness to be had for the rest of the day in that lobby. After Sarge left, Rocket Race died down and Shwah suggested Jenga. As fun as that was, not... everyone enjoyed it. Meaning only one of us was the zombie almost the whole time... But hey, it was still fun for everyone else.
After all of that, when the lobby died down again we finished the day with a couple rounds of Monster Trucks. It was all good, except Brad was not happy when someone assassinated him, and I don't think he'll ever let that go.

All jokes aside though, my experience with this was great. My groups seemed to have a lot of fun (I know I personally did) and I've heard each of the other groups did as well.
There's a lot more to be said about this, but not from me. If you have a story, or you saved a clip please share it with us all.

Finally, on a personal note, I really want to thank everyone who attended this (Even if only for a game or two) and made this such a huge success. Many of you may not have known, but this was my first ever mixer I planned out. I went big, and I made it a massive mixer within the GGN to try and wake us all up, and because of it's amazing success this will always be a very special mixer for me. I hope to see all of you again some time, I WILL plan out another GGN mixer one day, but for now I'm working out small mixers with individual groups.
Again, if you have a story to share please do. And if you just wanna say you had a good time, please do.
All of you are beautiful people, and you should feel beautiful.

Offline SSG Cazaril

• aka Viktim Viktor - Fie on thee, name changer!
  • Community Ally
  • The enemy's gate is down.
    • Camelot
  • GT: SSG Cazaril
« Reply #14 on: Jul. 22, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Aye, thanks for the good games on the old stomping grounds Envy & Ocr, Vay & NEC, as well as the WCF folks who joined us.